Thursday, October 30, 2008

ATS Challenge #24

I thought to myself when I saw that this week's Design Team challenge (#24) over at All That Scraps - oh no! I tend to stick to cards and every once in a while I decide to try something new. Well, if you saw yesterday's post, I got ambitous and made a treat box to send to my Dad for Halloween. I was proud, but then I hopped over to All That Scraps and saw this:


GASP!! I have been challenged to make another box! So with out a word I printed out the tutorial and thought - I can do this, I can do this (are you picturing the little engine that could). I sat down at my desk and surprised myself. 

As I was putting the base of this little box together I decided to create and advent box. So, once again that adorable little bear from CC Designs Bear Hugs got called on. As I have mentioned before I have a very limited number of stamps by CC Designs, so I had to be a little creative. If you look closely - I used the face shape of the bee in that set to make the tree. I think it came out really cute. Just a side note - the candy cane and the Santa hat are from the Dress up Lily set by Pink Cat Studio.

I printed the "picture" and then used my Nestibilities to make the frame shape. Then I just daubed on color and made it look like a real frame. I was surprised how well it came out.

For the inside of the box, I really didn't decorate it. What I thought was to write a little poem - with the help of my wonderful hubby -  to put at the bottom. So when you finished up all the goodies on Christmas Eve there it would be to remind you (as if you would need reminded) of what's to come. 


Here's the poem in case you can't read it from the picture:

If you emptied this box right,
Then tonight's the night.

That big guy in red with a beard of white
Will sneak down your chimney and stay out of sight.

He will leave your gifts beneath the tree lighted bright
For you and your family to see at first daylight.

So be sure to sleep tight and have a good night
For the morning will bring you pure delight.

So that's about it. I do ask if you use the poem to please only use it for personal use and not for submissions/paid publications. On a happier note - if you do use it let me know, I would love to see what you do!


Stamps: CC Designs Bear Hugs and Pink Cat Studio Dress up Lily
Paper: Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Ruby Red, Very Vanilla, 
Whisper White and Old Olive DSP
Inks: Black StazOn, Close to Cocoa, Real Red and Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Chocolate Chip Ploy-Twill Ribbon, Crimper, Rhinestones, 
Dimensionals and adhesive

I will be back later with my Thankful Thursday! Enjoy and let me know what you think. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is really adorable! I love the Santa hat on the bear!

Unknown said...

So cute and what a great idea for a little advent box-- very creative!