Monday, October 20, 2008

Decisions Decisions

This weekend I sat down to work on a few cards that I committed to doing for a card swap. I love this set "A Cardinal Christmas", but as I was playing with it, I found that there are not too many options as to how to lay-out a card. Don't get me wrong - it is still one of my favorite sets, but I find that I continue to color the cardinal the same colors and use the same color cardstock each time. Next time I am going to force myself to try something different with this set. So, here are two cards that I really liked.

I love the background on this card and how the bows really draw attention to the card. I thought hard about using this one, but I think I really don't have enough time to color all the cardinal images I would need and still get them to the host on time. 

"Cardinal Card" details can be found on SCS HERE

This second card uses a few of my favorite new In Colors. I absolutely adore the Kiwi Kiss and Riding Hood Red color combo almost as much as the Kiwi Kiss/Tangerine Tango combo. OK - so I admit that I love any combo as long as it has the Kiwi Kiss in it. The reason I think I am going to do this card is mostly in part due to that I wanted to stay away from using the cardinal. I feel that it would be a little unexpected to get this one.

and "Another Cardinal Card" details can be found HERE on SCS

I hope you enjoy these and let me know what you think. Did I make the right decision?

No comments: