Sunday, March 8, 2009

Some Faux Stitched Cards

It's been a while since I posted some cards, so prepare to be flooded with three today! I joined in a Favorite Techniques Swaps and I picked a faux stitching technique to do. I will say that it is not one of my favorites, but I had wanted to try it and thought that this swap would force me to try it out. I do like how it looks on other talented peoples cards, but I just can't seem to get it to really work for me. Here are three that I made and I decided on the last one to send in for the swap. Enjoy!

You can find my "Faux Stitch Thanks 1" on SCS HERE.

Stamps: Thank You Kindly
Paper: Riding Hood Red, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White
 and Bella Blooms DSP
Inks: Riding Hood Red
Accessories: Scallop Circle Punch, Circle Punches, Paper Piercer, 
UniGel Pen, White Grosgrain Ribbon, Dimensionals and adhesive

You can find my "Faux Stitch Thanks 2" on SCS HERE.

Stamps: Thank You Kindly
Paper: Riding Hood Red, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White 
and Bella Blooms DSP
Inks: Riding Hood Red
Accessories: Scallop Circle Punch, Circle Punch, 
Designer Label Punch, Paper Piercer, UniGel Pen, 
White Grosgrain Ribbon, Dimensionals and adhesive

You can find my "Faux Stitch Upsy Daisy" on SCS HERE. I just wanted to let you know that the card front is the circle image, the DPS is on the inside flap of the card.

Stamps: Upsy Daisy
Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Chocalte Chip, Whisper White and Kiwi Kiss DSP
Inks: Close to Cocoa and Kiwi Kiss
Accessories: Coluzzle Circle Cutter, Paper Piercer, UniGel Pen, 
Kiwi Kiss Satin Ribbon, Dimensionals and adhesive

Please let me know which one you like the best?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really love this card...I think Jessi and I are going to have to try faux stitching! Thanks for your inspiring ideas.
Rachel

jguyeby said...

I didn't know where to thank you for your gift. I love the cards and box you made to put them in. You are a very talented person. And I do like this card for the technique swap. I am waiting on one person who signed up for two spots but she has been very ill but promises to get them out to me this week. Thanks again, Jennifer

PS My gift to you won't be as impressive. Sorry...

Oliva Ohlson said...

I can't believe I missed these! Gorgeous colors and great artwork! I really like the way you worked with the ribbon!