Saturday, February 21, 2009

Kristina Werner's Color Inspiration #42

When I went through the new catalog I knew that I had to have the stamp set Trendy Trees and when my box from UPS showed up yesterday, I tore into it with all my might. This set was immediately opened and inked up - even before I went through the box to be sure everything was there! I played with it most of the day - I will show you more of those later, but I wanted to share this one. I made it using the colors from Kristina Werner's Color Inspiration #42 colors.

Last night while playing with my NEW Trendy Trees stamp set I thought that one of the tree trunks and leaves would make an adorable chick if done right. I am probably not the first to think of this, but I was dying to try it. I got up early this morning and went straight to my craft room to give it a whirl. I LOVE how it came out. What do you think?

Sorry the picture is kind of dark- it is a little overcast here this morning. I will try to get a better picture of it later on if it brightens up. I printed the "Hi Chick" from my computer using Stamp Monkeys codes for the color values. I love that she has them listed so you can print exactly what words you want in the SU colors.


You can find my "Hi Chick!" card on SCS - HERE.

Stamps: Trendy Trees
Paper: Whisper White, Kiwi Kiss and Really Rust
Inks: Kiwi Kiss, More Mustard and Really Rust
Accessories: White Grosgrain Ribbon, Word Window Punch, Google Eyes, Dimensionals and adhesive

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Awww how cute is this little chick! you are so creative, Great job!! :0)

Savitri said...

What a cute card! I love the circle background!

jguyeby said...

How cute is that. I would have never thought of using the trees in that way.

corinnesomerville said...

How did you know I needed to something this adorable to make me giggle this morning !!! Thanks, Mandy !!!!

Have a wonderful day, "chick"
Corinne (aka Roxy)