Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Sister's Purse Color Challenge #18

This is a beauty! Becky picked out this weeks entry for our weekly "Sister's Purse Color Challenge" and I think that it is a cutie. This Offhand Designs Sabrina bag can be found in many different colors. I just happened to like this one. You can find all the details on eBags.com or HERE.  Right now it's on sale for 20% off.



Color to be used this week:
Sahara Sand and Tempting Turquiose

You can add a neutral if you like, 
but it's not necessary.




Becky made this cute little scallop birthday card for the challenge when she was visiting last week. I accused her of copying my design and she just laughed. She said that she stamped more on the background and used a different stamp for the focal point - so it wasn't copied, just inspired. I guess we all are guilty of using someone cards for inspiration. You can find it on SCS - HERE.

Stamps: Crazy for Cupcakes
Paper: Tempting Turquoise
Inks: Basic Black
Accessories: Scallop Die, Corner Rounder Punch and Adhesive

So do you see what I was talking about with the "copying" that was done. I am glad that I can inspire her work. We have so much fun with this challenge and it was fun to actually do it together this time. 

For my card, I went with a normal sized card and stamped the background with those cute little blowers from the Crazy for Cupcakes stamp set. I stamped the ballon on Whisper White, cut it out, glued it to the Sahara Sand and then added Crystal Effects to give it the shine like balloons have. I LOVE the way it turned out. You can find my "Birthday Balloon" card on SCS - HERE.

 Stamps: Crazy for Cupcakes
Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Sahara Sand and Whisper White
Inks: Basic Black and Tempting Turquoise
Accessories: Scallop Edge Punch, Dimensionals and adhesive

Want to play along?: Leave us a comment on this post where your card is located. If uploading to SCS please use the keyword SPCC18 (Gallery HERE) for this weeks entry, so we can find your card quickly. We will pick our favorites and post them with next weeks challenge. Should be lots of fun!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

these are such beautiful cards! you can tell you all are having alot of fun with this challenge. great job!!

Rachel Liberty Photography said...

what a great page! my friend and I are just getting started with this whole thing. check out our page some time and let us know what you think....stampinwithjessiandrachel.blogspot.com