Monday, April 13, 2009

Cards for my Secret Sis

These are the cards I made and sent to my Stampin' Up! Secret Sis. Since the swap has come to a close, I thought that I would share a few of them with you.

This first one is just a simple card. I used my crimper on the Riding Hood Red section to give it a little texture and added the ribbon to finish it off. You can find all the details on my "Simple For You" card on SCS - HERE.

This second card was more of a request from my Secret Sis. She hardly ever used the Bold Brights color family and wanted to see more for inspiration. I am not a big fan of the Bold Brights, but I challenged myself in order to inspire her and this is what I came up with. I love making the circle cards with the Scallop Circle Sizzix Die. I think the are so cute every time I see one or make one. This one is a version of a Valentine's Day Card I made (HERE) a while back. I love the brightness of the colors on this card with the flower. You can fine all the details for my "Bright Flower" card on SCS - HERE.

The next two cards are cards that she wanted made using certain techniques. I was happy to try these out as I had never done either one before and I wanted to be sure to do the techniques she requested. She had also asked to see more with the Soft Subtles color family along with the Bold Brights as mentioned before, since she had difficulties using them. So for these cards I purposefully used those color families. 

The first one was for a "Magic Card" (tutorial HERE). After completing this card, I will say that I am not it a hurry to make another one. I found it very difficult and it took me way to much time to do. I am extremely happy with the results, but it will definitely be a while before I try another one. You can find my "Magic Cupcake" card details on SCS HERE.

The last, but not least, card is made using the Embossing Resist Technique (tutorial HERE). This technique I liked a little better. It was fun to see the images "pop" after wiping away the color that I had brayered on the glossy cardstock. I think the Bold Bright color family worked out perfectly for this card. You can find all the details for my "Bold Fruits" card on SCS HERE.
I am SORRY for such a long post, but I hope you ENJOYED the cards!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

WoW!! these are all awesome cards Mandy, you did a WONDERFUL job on them.

Robyn said...

Great work Mandy! All fabulous but I especially like the round one!
btw-Thank you SO much for the beautiful card- what a wonderful surprise!

Queenie Jeannie said...

VERY nice!!

I have seen the magic cupcake card before AND the "tutorial" and I still didn't understand how it was done. I really wanted to make it but am still baffled!!! Great job on making yours!

Rachel Liberty Photography said...

Great job on all the cards! The circle card is especially cute! I too don't use certain color families all together so thanks for the inspiration to do it more!

jguyeby said...

Mandy, you really spent alot of time on your 'Little Sis". I hope she appreciates all you did. I posted the cards I received from you on my blog. Thanks again. You do wonderful work. Looking forward to another flood round.

Queenie Jeannie said...

Can you explain the embossing resist technique? I have all the materials and I'm interested in how to use them for this!