Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Sister's Purse Color Challenge #26

The kids and I decided to have a fun day today and now that we are home I can finally get this posted. I picked this one for today's challenge just because the colors intrigued me. I hardly ever use the Bold Bright color family and this on made me use two of them. I like this Flower Child Purse and for $25 it's a steal. You can find it at ModCloth.com or a directly HERE




Color  to be used this week:
Chocolate Chip, 
Pink Pirouette, Tempting Turquoise and Green Galore

You can add a neutral 
if you like, 
but it's not necessary. 




For this weeks card I saw a tutorial - and wouldn't you know that I didn't bookmark it to share - that showed me how to emboss with my Nestabilities using the Cuttlebug. I had been wanting to do this for a long time, but every time I tried I couldn't get it to work. So thank you unknown lady who helped me out - I really appreciate it. Once I got that accomplished I set out and created this card. The ribbon came from the kids stuffed animals they got in their Easter baskets - I loved it and thought that it would work with this Color Challenge perfectly. Enjoy!

You can find my "Flower Lily" card on SCS - HERE.

Stamps: Pink Cat Studio Dress Up Lily and Canvas background 
Paper: Pink Pirouette, Chocolate Chip and Whisper White
Inks: Black StazOn, Pink Pirouette, Chocolate Chip, Green Galore, Tempting Turquoise and Blush Blossom
Accessories: Nestabilities, Cuttlebug, Corner Rounder, 
Easter Ribbon and adhesive

* * Becky is still on hiatus. When she decides to join the crafting world again, I will post her card. * *

My MIL participated in last week's Purse Color Challenge. Her card is very pretty. I love the Resist Embossing Technique she did! Please leave her a comment on this post if you like it!

Want to play along?: Leave us a comment on this post where your card is located. If uploading to SCS please use keyword SPCC26 (Gallery HERE) for this weeks entry, so we can find your card quickly. We will pick our favorites and post them with next weeks challenge. Should be lots of fun!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

your card is soooo precious! love those colors!

Robyn said...

Hi Mandy's MIL! Love your card lots!